What to expect at Irish Nurture (COVID-19 Safety Guidelines)
When you get in touch we will respond initially by e-mail to arrange a phone call, e-mail, or text exchange (your preference) so that we can discover if Platonic cuddling is right for you. All information between us is confidential + judgement free. Then we set an appointment for an introductory session at a reduced rate either at our dedicated salon in Belfast, or to arrange a home visit (more details below)
At your first session we will create an Opening Agreement which reviews the Code of Conduct as well as explaining and agreeing to terms relating to boundaries and consent (wth?). This involved a brief explanation of the limits of the service and some simple exercises to demonstrate understanding.
From here the policy of 'client centered needs' comes first. This means you are encouraged to identify + ask for what you want to do. I will allow you to discover your own needs at your own speed and trust your responsibility to seek it out. (See: Session Ideas)
The entirety of the rest of the session will play out at your direction so long as it is within the Code of Conduct and the practitioner's consent. At the end there will be an opportunity to reflect and readjust before the session finishes.
Code of Conduct
1. Client and Practitioner both verify that they are at least the legal age of consent in their location.
2. Client and Practitioner both agree to be free from any mind-altering substances during the sessions and are thereby fully able to give consent.
3. Client agrees to fully disclose any diagnoses or conditions that may affect their cuddling session to the Practitioner.
4. Client and Practitioner both agree to practice consent and attention to personal boundaries at all times.
5. Client and Practitioner will communicate to find what is mutually comfortable throughout each cuddling session. This applies to all communication prior to and after sessions as well.
6. This is a strictly platonic service. Client and Practitioner both agree to not pursue or encourage sexual arousal. Also:
Minimum clothing of tank top and shorts that cover the top half of the thigh and are suitable to be worn in public for both Client and Practitioner at all times.
No hand to genital or breast contact. No intentional genital stimulation of any kind.
No exchanging of saliva, or any other bodily fluid, in any way.
7. Client and Practitioner both agree to respectful personal hygiene.
8. Client confidentiality is to be respected at all times.
9. Either Client or Practitioner may end the session at any time.
10. All feedback is valued and confidential. Client and Practitioner agree to let Cuddlist.com know if either party does not uphold this code of conduct during a Cuddlist session through our feedback form.
(Code of Conduct taken from Cuddlist.com)
I promise to you that I will not tolerate, put up with, or endure anything during our session that I'm not willing to do, or violates the Code of Conduct.
This promise means I am taking care of my own needs so that you don't ever have to worry if something is ok to do, or wonder if I'm feeling uncomfortable because I will tell you as clearly as I can. I don't want you to use up your energy trying to please, impress, or second guess me.
The purpose of this is to allow you the freedom to explore what you would like without fear, confusion, or unnecessary awkwardness.
Will you trust me to do that?
You promise and give your word that you will not tolerate, put up with, or endure anything during our session that you are not happily willing to do, or violates the Cod of Conduct.
This isn't just so we can build trust together, it also empowers you to figure out what does and doesn't work for you, knowing you can speak up without fear of judgement.
You can change your mind about anything you want to do at any time without ever having to give a reason, but you will let me know if something isn't working, feels uncomfortable, or you would like to stop. This is your empowered responsibility.
Can I trust you to do that?
Possible Session Activities
Be emotionally attended to
Cuddling (in all sorts of ways!)
Mindfulness + breathing exercises
Play board games/video games
Sit in comfortable silence
Reading aloud to one another
Laugh, cry and have fun!
Something you've always wanted to try but haven't been able to ask for
Essentially whatever you want within the Code of Conduct and within our boundaries that we consent to!